More and more insurance companies are including acupuncture as part of YOUR health benefits. However, it is up to you to know your coverage. Call your insurance plan and ask the following questions:
- Is acupuncture a covered benefit under my plan?
- How many visits do I have?
- Is there a co-payment? What is the co-payment?
- Is there a co-insurance percentage? What is the co-insurance percentage?
- Can you provide me with the contact information of the closest in-network provider?
- Do I have out-of-network benefits for acupuncture? Do I need special authorization from you if the in-network provider is too far from me and I want to go to an out-of-network provider that is closer to my home?
- Ask any other questions you want to have further clarification of your benefits.
We currently are in-network with:
If you have out-of-network benefits for acupuncture we will provide you with a superbill at the conclusion of your treatment. You can submit it to your insurance company for reimbursement. Payment is due up front to us at the time of service. Reimbursement is mailed directly to you. It is your responsibility to submit the superbill in a timely manner so that you can receive your reimbursement.